We invite you to explore Unity's Five Basic Principles as to how each may apply in your life.
Understanding Our 5 Basic Principles
Principle 1: There is only one Presence and one Power, God the Good.
Principle 2: God is present in all people as our divine essence, our Christ nature.
Principle 3: We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
Principle 4: Through affirmative prayer and meditation, we connect with God and bring out the good in our world.
Principle 5: Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- There is only one Presence and one Power active as the Universe and as my life, God the Good.
- God is Absolute Good, everywhere present.
- The All-Good God is everywhere equally present.
- There is only Spirit
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We are all created from Spirit.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence was fully expressed in Jesus, the Christ.
- Every human being is an expression of the divine; the Christ Spirit, by whatever name, indwells all people. Our very essence is of God, and therefore we are also inherently good.
- The Presence of God dwells within each person.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- We are co-creators with God, creating reality through thoughts held in mind.
- Human beings create their experience by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
- Our experience mirrors our thoughts and beliefs.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
- Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good.
- Prayer and meditation are the direct link with the Mind/Heart of God.
- We feel our connection with Spirit through prayer and meditation.
- Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the Truth that he or she knows.
- Practicing these principles leads to a more joyous and fulfilling life.
- Knowing the laws of Truth is not enough. We must live the Truth we know.